Library Rules and Regulations
Admission to the Library
Care of Library Materials
Library resources such as books, journals, and electronic materials, etc. are costly and are often rare. They are for the benefit of not only the present but also for the future members of the library. Therefore, one should not write upon, damage, turn down the leaves or mark on any library materials. Tracing or copying of any content is prohibited by copyright policy and users shall be solely responsible for any violations. Before leaving the issue counter, member should satisfy themselves as to whether the library material lent to them is in sound condition. If not, they should immediately bring the matter to the knowledge of the library staff at the issue counter; otherwise, they are liable to be held responsible for replacing the material or paying such compensation as fixed by the librarian.
While leaving the university after completion of the course, all students are required to obtain a “No-dues certificate” from the Library in order to ensure that they owe no dues to the Library.
- Use of mobile phones inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in and around the library.
- No refreshments or food stuff of any kind is allowed inside the library.
- Keeping in mind that the library is a place of individual study and research, members should maintain an atmosphere of dignity, peace and silence within thelibrary premises.
- Suggestions for purchasing books and other materials and improving the library services are welcome.
- Members should keep the library informed of any change of address and contact details during the period of their membership.
- If necessary, the librarian can cancel the membership and refuse admission to anyone who violates the rules and regulations of the library or indulges in any other type of misconduct.
- Members should return all materials borrowed from the library before proceeding on any kind of long leave. Any member going out of the campus for more than a fortnight will ensure that the library has access to the books loaned to him/her.
- Members should not sub lend the materials borrowed from the library.
- Materials that are issued should be produced for the security to check.
- Library materials should be handled with utmost care. Nobody should write, damage and make any mark on any kind of library materials
- Library membership card is non-transferable.
- The borrower is fully responsible for the books borrowed in his/her membership card.
- Absence and illness are not acceptable excuses for exemption from paying an overdue charge.
- The Librarian may recall a book at any time before its due date.
- If the borrower has not returned the books within a reasonable time of its due date as indicated in the recall notice, or in the due date slip, as the case may be, the borrower is liable to pay the cost of the book plus the prescribed overdue charge.
- If a book belonging to a set is lost, the borrowers will replace the entire set at their own cost and take the remaining books of the set in the library with them.
- Mutilations, markings or removal of pages will be considered as “damage”. Such documents, as also the lost ones, will have to be replaced or paid for at the current price. In case of rare and out-of-print books, price assessment made by the Librarian will be final and binding