Sir Padampat Singhania University Library System initially setup in 2007 consists of Central Library including School of Engineering & School of Management which collectively supports research activities of the Institute by facilitating acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge resources, and also providing library & information services to SPSU community. Library is an integral part of the University and imparting its services to students, faculty members and other staff members.
The library is fully computerized with using library software “Knowledge Resource System (KRS)” and the catalogue of books and other study materials are online available.
- Books: Library has a rich and growing collection of books on subjects of interest and research in the University. These include the textbooks, general & reference materials etc.
- Journals, Databases & Periodicals: The library subscribes to a wide range of scholarly journals/databases through its various divisions. The library also subscribes to some of the popular magazines and newspapers.
- Theses: Library houses the Doctoral Theses submitted by the research scholars of the university, both in print and electronic format.
- CD/VCD: A good collection of CD/VCD available in the library.
- The Digital Library section is equipped with computer terminals facilitating access to various academic resources, viz., E-Books, E-journals etc.
Digital Library Links:
- Shodhganga: http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/handle/10603/191674 SPSU has signed MoU with INFLIBNET- Shodhganga for uploading SPSU awarded Ph.D thesis in Shodhganga portal.
- National Digital Library (NDL): https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in National Digital Library is created by MHRD (GOI) with IIT Kharagpur and it is a virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility SPSU is a participated member with NDL.
- World eBook Library: http://Community.WorldLibrary.In/?AffiliateKey=NDL-JG1863 The World Library Foundation is the world's largest collection of Books and Articles in electronic format founded in 1996. Approx. 40 Lac e-books, e-journals, e-reports are available in this portal. (This link is provided by INFLIBNET-eShodhsindhu)
- South Asia Archive: www.southasiaarchive.com 4The South Asia Archive is as a specialist digital platform delivering global electronic access to culturally and historically significant literary material produced from within - and about - the Indian subcontinent.
(This link is provided by INFLIBNET-eShodhsindhu)
- Monday to Friday || 9.30 am to 8.00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday ||9.30 am to 5.30 pm
- Library remains closed on University’s Holidays.
- All students, faculty members and staff of the University can access the library.
- The Students, faculty and Staff Members of the University are required to enroll themselves as members of Library by filling Library Membership Form. This form is available in the Library.
- Use of library facilities and services implies acceptance of its rules and procedures.
Entitlement for Books
- To enroll as library member, new users shall fill the library membership form and it available in the library.
- Every students must carry the identity card for enter in to the library.
- Personal books and reading material are not allowed inside library. They have to be kept at the property counter.
- Reference books, latest periodicals, newspapers are not allowed to be issued.
- Sanctity of library should be respected by maintaining silence in and around library premises.
- Use of mobile phones, music players and cameras, and sleeping inside library is strictly prohibited.
- Eatables are not allowed inside library.
- Books and other reading material in library have to be handled with care. Users should not write or make any marks in the library material. Tearing, mutilating and dog-earing of library material are considered as offence.
- Library users must be in formal dress.
Sir Padampat Singhania University Central Library has providing the following services and facilities to SPSU communities such as:
a) Member Services
- Orientation to new users;
- Assistance in locating reading material;
b) Circulation Services ( Issue / Return)
- Reading materials can be borrowed from Circulation Desk .
- The borrowed materials have to be returned to the library on or before the due date .
c) Reference & Information Service
- Library houses a number of reference books and also has access to information resources in electronic form.
- Library Staff are always available for guidance and help with the reference material, and also for answering the related queries.
d) Current Awareness Service
- New arrival of the library books are displayed on the display rack and the list has been placed on the Notice Board and communicated through email.
- A Register is maintained in the circulation desk for book reservation purposes. Students can reserve their desired books.
- The Central Library offers photocopying service to all its members on payment basis.
g) Acquisition Service
- All the faculty members are entitled to recommend the required books.
- Students are also entitled to recommend the required books through the faculty members.
h) Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- It acts as a guide between users and Library Reading Materials. The user will be able to find the information about bibliographical details of books and other study materials. User can enter the author, title or keyword in the OPAC Window and click on the search button. It helps the user to locate titles on racks.
Library Advisory Committee
The Library Advisory Committee consists of the HOD of each department. The Dean, School of Engineering is the Chairman and the Librarian is the Member-Secretary of the committee.
Following are the function:
- To frame general rules for the management of the Library.
- To advise the Librarian regarding general library development.
- Book purchase and journal subscription/renewal is done through this committee.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to it by the university.