B.Tech in Rail Transportation Engineering
Rail transport is the most widely used mode of transport in India for both passengers & goods. With the introduction of high speed railway transportation systems, requirement of highly skilled manpower for smooth running of these systems has also increased. Imparting relevant knowledge of several disciplines in a planned & concise manner can produce such skilled manpower having expertise to contribute in different aspects of rail transportation such as, laying & maintenance of track, knowledge of rolling stock, power generation & transmission, signaling & control, communication & safety.
To fulfill these requirements, the University has pioneered to introduce a 4-year B.Tech degree programme in Rail Transportation Engineering interweaving the relevant contents of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering & Computer Science & Engineering. A graduate from this discipline will have career opportunities in Indian Railways & its associates as well as in large number of ancillary industries, both private & public sector. The knowledge gained from this programme will also provide enough confidence to start-up entrepreneurial ventures to feed railway systems.
- To impart knowledge in relevant fields so that the students are acquainted with all aspects of rail transportation.
- To complement the theoretical knowledge through laboratory practices as well as industrial exposures in India & abroad.
- To apprise students about the laws & regulations governing railway professionals & to make them aware about their ethical & societal responsibilities.
- To introduce the component of research so that the students having proper attitude can pursue research as a career.
- Pass in 10+2 Science from a recognised board (Preferably above 60%)
- Admission to all SPSU Programmes will be through the Admission Test -SPSAT’18
Residential: Compulsorily residential
Course duration: Four YearsSyllabus Fee Structure Apply Online