Physics - the study of matter, energy & their interactions - is associated with the progress of humankind & will play a key role in its future progress as well. Studies ranging from atoms to large galaxies have expanded the frontiers of our knowledge about Nature & inspired us for developing new instrumentation & techniques.
The recent Large Hadron Collision Experiments (LHC), widespread applications of lasers, semiconductors & nanotechnology in the areas ranging from medicines to automization in industries & development of smart devices along with India’s success in recent space missions has created lot of interest among young aspirants to choose physics as their career option. The university offers a two years post-graduate programme in Physics with specialization in Theoretical Atomic & Molecular Physics and Computational Nonlinear Physics.
- Strengthen the theoretical & experimental competencies of the students & provide comprehensive knowledge in major areas of physics
- Enhance the problem solving approach of the students through extensive tutorial classes, continuous evaluation with special emphasis on competitive exams like National Eligibility Test (NET), Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST), etc.
- Provide students a thorough basis for career in physics & generate placement opportunities in academics & scientific research institutions.
- Motivate the students for research
- Bachelor degree in Science with Physics as one of the major subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
- Admission to all SPSU Programmes will be through the Admission Test - SPSAT’18
Course duration: Two YearsSyllabus Fee Structure Apply Online