Mechanical engineering deals with designing & manufacturing of small individual parts & devices (e.g. micro scale sensors & inkjet printer nozzles) to large systems (e.g. spacecraft & machine tools). The role of a mechanical engineer is to transform an idea into a product having practical & commercial utility. The mechanical engineer needs to acquire specific skills & knowledge to accomplish the desired goals. The one skill that is a mechanical engineer’s exclusive domain is the ability to analyze & design objects & systems with motion. Mechanical engineers play a central role in such industries as automotive (car chassis & its subsystems-engine, transmission, sensors); aerospace (airplanes, aircraft engines, control systems for airplanes & spacecraft); biotechnology (implants, prosthetic devices, fluidic systems for pharmaceutical industries); computers & electronics (disk drives, printers, cooling systems, semiconductor tools); micro electromechanical systems(MEMS) (sensors, actuators, micro power generation); energy conversion (gas turbines, wind turbines, solar energy, fuel cells); environmental control (HVAC, air-conditioning, refrigeration, compressors); automation (robots, data & image acquisition, recognition, control) & manufacturing (machining, machine tools, prototyping, micro fabrication).
- To make the students eligible for employment as a practicing engineer in fields such as design, research, development, testing, manufacturing, operations & service systems.
- To make them eligible for designing a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health & safety, manufacturability & sustainability.
- To make them understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- To make them eligible for progressing through advanced degree or certificate programmes in engineering, business and other professionally related fields.
- Pass in 10+2 Science from a recognised board (Preferably above 60%)
- Admission to all SPSU Programmes will be through the Admission Test -SPSAT’18
Residential: Compulsorily residential
Course duration: Four YearsSyllabus Fee Structure Apply Online