The University has adopted twenty courses from the Swayam portal. The courses adopted by various departments are as follows -
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Department offering the course|
|1||Principles of Downstream techniques in Bioprocess||BT|
|2||Introduction To Proteomics|
|3||Introduction to Mechanobiology|
|4||Advance Concrete Technology||CE|
|6||The Joy of Computing using Python|
|7||Introduction to Internet of Things|
|8||Introduction to Electromagnetic Theory||ECE|
|9||Non-Conventional Energy Resources|
|10||Principles of Modern CDMA / MIMO / OFDM Wireless Communications|
|11||Power System Analysis||EE|
|12||Phase Diagrams in Material Science and Engineering||ME|
|13||Drilling and Blasting Technology||MNE|
|14||Phase Diagrams in Material Science and Engineering||RTE|
|17||English Language For Competitive Exams||English|
|19||Introduction to Operations Research||Mathematics|
|20||Chaos, Fractals and Dynamical Systems||Physics|
Credit Transfer Of SWAYAM Courses
On the recommendation of the Academic Council and approval by the Board of Management in its meeting held on December 12, 2018, the clause no. 1.04.04 of the Regulations on Academic Matters 2008 (Amended 2018) has been amended by incorporating following:
“Within the minimum credit required for each programme, equivalent credit weightage shall be given to the students for the credits earned through online learning courses through SWAYAM platform in the credit plan of the programme. However, transfer of credits earned through online SWAYAM portal shall be limited to 20% of the total courses being offered in a particular programme in a semester.”
Link for the Notification(F. No. 16-5/2017-TEL dated January 15, 2018)
"Students can opt for the above course and seek credit Transfer."
-For registration and more details of courses on SWAYAM visit www.swayam.gov.in
Swayam Prabha DTH Channels
The university has procured and installed DD freedish in the university Media Lab. The SPSU Media Lab is equipped for the transmission of channel for students and faculty members. The SPSU Media Lab has the facility to store the recordings for subsequent use by the students and faculty members.
The following facilities are available in the SPSU Media Lab -
- Development of E-Content (ref.: http://mhrd.gov.in/e-contents)
- Transmission of Live Channel and Live Programme ( http://www.freedish.in/2016/08/mhrd-started-32-education-tv-channels.html)
- Delivery of Lectures and Recording in Media LAB Studio
- Transmission of SPSU Video Live as and when required
- Communication through Audio-Video equipments
For more details on SWAYAM Prabha Programme visit www.swayamprabha.gov.in
National Digital Library
All the faculty members and students of the university joined the National Digital Library at https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/ This will enable both the students and the faculty members to access more than 80 lakh digital resources at no cost. Students are motivated to use these resources for class work/assignments/tutorials during the semester.
National Academic Depository
The university has joined the National Academic Depository (NAD) which holds all the certificates digitally. All the certificates issued by the university in the past have been digitized and are in the process of being uploaded on NAD. For more details, please visit https://nad.ndml.in
The processes like admissions, academic calendar, attendance, assessments, result declaration, administration, pay roll and financial processes are computerized.
The university has carefully laid out plans to save electricity and water for effective treatment and disposal of waste. Monitoring for effective implementation is entrusted to a team under Head, Administration. A solar power plant of 400kW capacity has been installed in the university. The plant is readily available for use since JULY 2018.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyaan
The university has adopted three villages, namely,
- Mehro ka Guda
Several campaigns and activities were organised to spread awareness about digital payment in these villages.
The university strives to enhance excellence in teaching learning practices by adopting the opportunities provided by digital technologies. Accordingly, a Digital Learning Monitoring Cell was constituted to develop a road map for future actions and effective implementation of the Digital Initiatives undertaken. The Digital Learning Monitoring Cell has outlined the goals and steps to achieve those goals.
3-Year Action Plan
- To implement all Digital Initiatives launched by MHRD, Government of INDIA
- To monitor the proper functioning of implemented Digital Initiatives
Steps to be undertaken
- Communicate the digital initiatives to all the stakeholders of the university
- Provide initial training for the newly adopted digital learning initiatives to all stakeholders
- Participation in Swayam Courses, publication on the university website and preparation of new courses
- Active use of Swayam Prabha DTH channels and National Digital Library by the students during class work or project
- Participate in the National Academic Depository
- Participate and monitor other digital initiatives like Digital Campus, Smart Campus, Clean Campus, etc.
- Participate in other digital initiatives such as E-Vidwan, E-Yantra, E-Shodh Sindhu, Talk to Teacher, Spoken Tutorial and FOSSEE
- Uploading of the Virtual Lab details on the university website
- Update IT infrastructure as per the requirements
- Digital Learning Monitoring Cell will regularly monitor the progress of the Digital Initiatives implemented
7-Year Strategic Plan
- To provide resources for innovative and interdisciplinary research
- Digitalization of university library - Digitalization of all publications of the university, namely, university magazine, bulletin, annual report, monographs, dissertations, THESIS , term paper, internships and project reports
Steps to be undertaken
- Develop necessary facilities in the library to digitalize the publications of the university
- Update IT infrastructure as per the requirements
- FOSSEE- Implementation of all open source software in the university curriculum
- Digital Learning Monitoring Cell will regularly monitor the progress of the Digital Initiatives implemented.
- Encourage the faculty members to create and participate in the development of contemporary courses for students across the nation
- Recognize innovative ideas and encourage for conversion to a sustainable business / startup models
- Engage with staff, academicians, students and alumni across a range of social channels and digital communities
- Integrate online educational platforms with the university teaching pedagogy to provide a blended learning
- Digitalize educational content for quick and easy access and disseminate the learning resources and research ideas with other institutions
- Fulfill the social responsibility by transferring knowledge to rural people of the adopted villages
Provision of WiFi services in the campus
As per the notification (F. No. 16-5/2017-TEL dated January 15, 2018) from MHRD, Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of India, steps have been initiated to provide Wi-Fi with high speed internet to all students and faculty members of university, through SWAYAM platform and create a digital campus with Wi-Fi facilities.
In the notification from MHRD, Govt. of India, it was indicated that the educational institutions shall provide the space and the WiFi facilities (optical fiber, access switches, wireless access points and security equipment etc.) will be provided free of cost by the telephone/internet service providers. The Universities will tie up with the telecom players, and partner with them to set up the required infrastructure for the project.
As per the guidelines, minimum of 4 Mbps speed would be provided, and facility to connect two devices should be provided. The network requirements would be such that the students and faculty members would be able to directly connect with National Knowledge Network (NKN) to access any educational content.
All the Universities are advised to request telephone/internet service providers to execute the WiFi facilities in the respective campus. Accordingly the university has requested BSNL to provide the WiFi facilities in the university campus.
The deadline to apply for this is 15th February, 2018. Copy of the letter is enclosed.