Sir Padampat Singhania University Udaipur
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering has emerged not only as a major discipline but also has transformed almost all disciplines of Engineering as well as other domains. The discipline is very diverse, ranging from operating systems & machine-level programming to frontiers of information technology & networking. Artificial intelligence, mobile application development, web development, networking, next generation of object-oriented programming, cloud, internet of things, E-commerce is touching every walk of our lives. Today technology is endless & the only limitation is one’s imagination. Anybody with reasonable problem-solving aptitude, excellent analytical & quantitative skills, creative designing or logical thinking can shape a wonderful career in the aforementioned streams of B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering. B. Tech in CSE poses excellent opportunities in interdisciplinary growth & enables students to learn a plethora of tools & techniques. Subsequently, one can choose a domain area of interest & excel in it. The flexibility to switch domains at any stage of one’s career makes it one of the most favourite branches for the students globally.Programme Objectives
- To understand & analyze the fundamentals of basic sciences & mathematics for solving problems related to computer science
- To be able to design, implement & evaluate a complex software system to meet the desired needs
- To provide necessary expertise for pursuing higher education/research in specialized domains like Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Machine Learning, MIS, etc.
The term Artificial Intelligence has been there since 1955, but in the present scenario, AI is going to be more than $40 billion industry by the end of 2020. Government of India is planning to have a special task force which shall focus on use of Artificial Intelligence in power, smart cities, infrastructure development, crop management, health care and education. The B.Tech program in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning shall hone up the skills of graduates who would become future leaders in solving industry’s technical problems and daily life problems faced by humans. The engineering graduates or the professionals shall be the future innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry. The specialized program designed by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at SPSU, covers most of the foundational aspects of computing sciences, develops design thinking, problem solving skills using computing sciences and project based learning skills. The students shall develop skills related to programming, electronics and automation, data science, algorithm design and implementation using AI and ML techniques delivered through rigorous class work, project work, and poster presentations and evaluated through continuous evolutions. The department is already having tie ups with Microsoft, CISCO and Intel-NVIDIA who are helping imparting research based expertise in the area of machine learning and artificial intelligence. During the undergraduate study, the students shall be exposed to live projects related to visual perception, decision-making, language translation, and even speech recognition.
- Programme Objectives
- The students shall be able to develop an ability to apply design and development principles learnt in four years of rigorous education for the construction of software systems (CS)
- The concepts learnt shall pave a path and generate an ability to address contemporary issues and analyze the local and global impact of computing and engineering solutions on individuals, organizations and society at large.
- The program shall develop an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities in the students
- The students shall be able to handle live projects , designing and prototyping and patenting products and develop decision making capabilities which shall be supported by rational thinking
The IT sector has witnessed rapid progress in the last two decades. Cloud computing is one of the most powerful technologies of recent times that has raised interest among companies. The technology increases scalability & flexibility of operations. Therefore, organizations are investing on this technology to gain business advantages. The increased dependency on IT & internet for day-to-day business operations has also led to rise in concerns of protecting information that is communicated through networks. Many companies around the world have been victims of data security breaches leading to huge losses. Business organizations are concentrating on protecting their networks & so there is a demand for information security solutions. The curriculum of this programme is a combination of core information technology & specialized subjects which are relevant to current industry. The programme focuses on Virtualization Technology, Cloud Technology, Datacenters and Networking & Operating Systems. It also creates awareness of different vulnerabilities, corrective measures & lays emphasis on Cryptography, Ethical Hacking, Computer Forensics, Virtualization & Cloud Security.
- To learn the basics of computer science with subjects such as C programming, data structures, computer architecture & network security
- To understand the principles of information security, virtualization & cloud technology
- To gain in depth knowledge about cryptography, Linux administration, cyber forensics & cloud web services
- To be able to work on projects that provide exposure to industry problems
- Pass in 10+2 Science(PCM) from a recognized board (Preferably above 60%)
- Admission to all SPSU Programmes will be through the Admission Test - SPSAT'2020
- Course Duration: 4 Year
- Residential: Compulsorily residential