Sir Padampat Singhania University Udaipur
B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Deals with Designing & Manufacturing of small individual parts & devices (e.g. micro scale sensors & inkjet printer nozzles) to large systems (e.g. spacecraft & machine tools). The role of a mechanical engineer is to transform an idea into a product having practical & commercial utility. The mechanical engineer needs to acquire specific skills & knowledge to accomplish the desired goals. The one skill that is a mechanical engineer’s exclusive domain is the ability to analyze & design objects & systems with motion. Mechanical engineers play a central role in such industries as automotive (car chassis & its subsystems-engine, transmission, sensors); aerospace (airplanes, aircraft engines, control systems for airplanes & spacecraft); biotechnology (implants, prosthetic devices, fluidics systems for pharmaceutical industries); computers & electronics (disk drives, printers, cooling systems, semiconductor tools); micro electromechanical systems(MEMS) (sensors, actuators, micro power generation); energy conversion (gas turbines, wind turbines, solar energy, fuel cells); environmental control (HVAC, air-conditioning, refrigeration, compressors); automation (robots, data & image acquisition, recognition, control) & manufacturing (machining, machine tools, prototyping, micro fabrication).Programme Objectives
- To make the students eligible for employment as a practicing engineer in fields such as design, research, development, testing, manufacturing, operations & service systems.
- To make them eligible for designing a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health & safety, manufacturability & sustainability.
- To make them understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- To make them eligible for progressing through advanced degree or certificate programmes in engineering, business and other professionally related fields.
Rail transport is the most widely used mode of transport in India for both passengers & goods. With the introduction of high speed railway transportation systems, requirement of highly skilled manpower for smooth running of these systems has also increased. Imparting relevant knowledge of several disciplines in a planned & concise manner can produce such skilled manpower having expertise to contribute in different aspects of rail transportation such as, laying & maintenance of track, knowledge of rolling stock, power generation & transmission, signaling & control, communication & safety. To fulfill these requirements, the University has pioneered to introduce a 4-year B. Tech. degree programme in Rail Transportation Engineering interweaving the relevant contents of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering & Computer Science & Engineering. A graduate from this discipline will have career opportunities in Indian Railways & its associates as well as in large number of ancillary industries, both private & public sector. The knowledge gained from this programme will also provide enough confidence to start-up entrepreneurial ventures to feed railway systems.
- To impart knowledge in relevant fields so that the students are acquainted with all aspects of rail transportation.
- To complement the theoretical knowledge through laboratory practices as well as industrial exposures in India & abroad.
- To apprise students about the laws & regulations governing railway professionals & to make them aware about their ethical & societal responsibilities.
- To introduce the component of research so that the students having proper attitude can pursue research as a career.
- Pass in 10+2 Science(PCM) from a recognized board (Preferably above 60%)
- Admission to all SPSU Programmes will be through the Admission Test - SPSAT'2020
- Course Duration: 4 Year
- Residential: Optional